The Social Profit Center is a collaborative community that brings together nonprofit, social impact businesses, and artists in a unique, renovated historic mill.
THE SOCIAL PROFIT CENTER WILL PROVIDE:
- An appealing arts-themed hub to draw outsiders back into the community and offer local residents access to new spaces and events
- Secure, low cost space for nonprofits and artists who will benefit from shared services
- Regional demonstration of environmentally sustainable building technology, for example our “green roof” that will absorb rainwater, solar panels and re-use of historic materials
- Preservation of an historic factory building with many appealing architectural features
- Economic growth for an older, distressed suburb
- A flexible, long-term home for Isles, Inc. to broaden our community impact
The Nonprofit Centers Network has 177 member centers in North America. When complete, Mill One will be one of the largest, and the only one of its type between Philadelphia and New York City.
PROVEN BENEFITS OF CENTERS LIKE OURS INCLUDE:
- Improving nonprofit member effectiveness and efficiency
- Providing civic spaces to benefit the larger community
- Impacting surrounding property development and investment
- Maintaining higher occupancy rates than comparable office facilities